The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Australia is the country’s largest paraprofessional body in the accounting / finance / bookkeeping sector and is the only association that has the support of the three professional bodies in CPA Australia, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and the Institute of Public Accountants.
AAT Australia membership provides a commitment to high standards, professionalism, recognition and status for paraprofessional accounting technicians including self employed bookkeepers; payroll officers; BAS Agents; assistant accountants, accounts payable/receivable officers and other accounting support staff.
AAT Australia is:
- An association for paraprofessional bookkeepers and accounting technicians, representing members working in all sectors of commerce in Australia.
- Associated with the world wide network of AAT organisations, the largest dedicated group representing accounting and bookkeeping paraprofessionals with in excess of 100,000 members internationally.
- Dedicated to supporting members and their employers, through continuing professional education programs; technical information; professional standards; ethical guidelines and more.
- Setting new standards for paraprofessional accounting technicians and giving employers and clients new-found confidence and peace of mind.
- A not-for-profit organisation – our entire financial resources are committed to providing practical and supportive services for our members.