Are you looking to start your own bookkeeping business?
AAT and Monarch Institute have teamed up to present outstanding training opportunities to bookkeeping professionals on their career journey. As a special offer, bookkeepers enrolling in the Monarch Institute FNS40217 Certification IV Accounting & Bookkeeping will receive a 5% discount on their enrolment fee. To take advantage of this special offer, please email your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217)
The Association of Accounting Technicians has supported the professional education of our members in Australia for over 15 years. As one of the first professional associations to be recognised by the Tax Practitioners Board, we understand the importance of quality education for BAS agents. Our core mission is to promote the training, development and education of bookkeepers in a way that furthers the professionalism of our industry. In other words, we’ve got high standards for our education and continuing professional development partners.
The Association is pleased to recommend Monarch Institute as our training provider of choice. Monarch Institute was founded by finance veterans, including accountants and bookkeepers, with a vision of training that really reflected what the industry needed. Their course materials are developed and verified in consultation with accounting giants and delivered by expert trainers with decades of combined experience.
You deserve a learning experience that’s made to fit you. Learn on your own schedule, where and how it suits you. Your Monarch Institute studies will leave you with more than just a piece of paper. As a graduate, you’ll join a great network of thousands of alumni who’ve secured their dream job or advanced their career with a Monarch Institute qualification.
Getting registered as a BAS agent
Education is one half of the prerequisites for registering as a professional BAS agent. The Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping from Monarch Institute meets the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) education requirements. Once you’ve got your statement of attainment for the Certificate, all you need is evidence of your relevant work experience. As a member of the Association of Accounting Technicians, that’s 1,000 hours (in the last four years).
For up-to-the-minute details on registration requirements, check the TPB website.
Why choose Monarch Institute for your Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping?
- No term dates or enrolment deadlines – start any time!
- 100% online, with full support from your trainers via phone, email, Facebook, videocall, and office hours
- Nationally recognised qualification from a TPB approved course provider
- Chance to master industry-standard software (Xero or MYOB)
- Government funding available (eligibility criteria apply)
- No formal prerequisites (basic language, literacy and numeracy test may apply for students who haven’t studied at Certificate IV [or above] level before)
- No high-pressure exams
- Multiple small assessments including real-world challenges, short answer questions and more
13 nationally recognised units in four simple modules
At Monarch Institute, you’ll work through the Certificate IV in Accounting in a holistic manner. This means you’ll get plenty of changes to see how each area of learning comes together in practice. On completion, you’ll get a statement of attainment for the following nationally recognised units:
Establishing solid foundations: accounting fundamentals
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
- FNSACC405 Maintain inventory records
Real world essentials: practice and business taxation
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting & bookkeeping industry
Big bucks for business: payroll, activity statements and computing
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems (MPA001)
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements (MAS001)
- BSBSMB412 Introduce cloud computing in to business operations
Clever calculations and procedures: effective work practices
For more information please contact email@example.com
- FNSACC313 Perform financial calculations
- FNSACC412 Prepare operational budgets
- FNSACC411 Process business tax requirements
Start your enrolment process here