Paul Mather will cover the essentials that you need to know when preparing your 2019 Australian FBT return. We will cover the key changes, provide preparation tips and discuss common mistakes and ATO compliance activity.
Attendees will be given an understanding of the key areas when preparing or reviewing the 2019 FBT return and Payment Summary reporting. Paul will highlight the common errors and dispel the many myths.
A comprehensive update on the FBT changes for 2019 including:
- Latest changes from the ATO and status on impending changes
- Introduction of new safe harbour rules for claiming exemption on tool of trade and work-related vehicles
- How to claim exemption in light of the new safe harbour rules
- The latest on FBT and car parking
- Why car parking is the FBT sleeper
- The latest guidance from the ATO on FBT treatment for taxi expenses and Uber
- Maximising the FBT exemptions and concessions
- Common mistakes by different employer types and benefit categories
- Discussion of new ATO audit strategies, benefit focus areas and compliance activities
The key benefit areas and valuation methods including:
- Car Parking
- Employee expenses
- Relocations, mobility, LAFHA, expatriates and remote area
Claiming exemptions and concessions
The common mistakes and misunderstandings
Australian Taxation Office compliance activity and areas of focus
Client war stories including the financial impact and impact on employees
"great examples - wasn't just a read through of the slides......!"
All delegates automatically receive a link to the Recorded session.
Bookings close on the day prior to the session.
Delegates will not be provided with an instantaneous registration notification from Redback. All of the relevant information about the session and all of the support material will be provided on the day before the session.
Date: Thursday 4th April 2019
CPD Hrs: 1.5
Cost: Member $150 inc GST, Non-member $180 inc GST